Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thoughts Part 2

Sex and the single woman? A friend recently brought this up in her blog about meeting a man in a bar a few weeks ago. Yes, he's republican, but what seems to be a good person. I had shared with her prior to meeting said man, my affinity for the republicans, mine however fall into the republican asshole category. Asshole and republican don't seem to be correlated, however in my case seem to be a recipe for sparks but also failed relationships. Which led to another discussion on Saturday night, why am I attracted to the assholes? Is it because they are confident? And that brings up the idea of sleeping with someone.... when is the right time..... Several of us single girls seem to struggle with this.... our sexual desires often lead us to jump into bed too quickly, thus said asshole no longer has to work to get what he wants, dessert is laid out right in front of him. I know I fall into this trap all to frequently. As a liberated feminist woman, I should be able to "have sex like a man" but do I need to have sex like a man, or can I just have sex with out the gendered stereotypes, a girl who gives in too quickly is considered slutty, yet a guy, is well just being a guy. And then there's the all too familiar number, what does it mean, does it matter in the end, its kinda like your SAT score, when you are younger it's fresh and people care, as we get older, we forget and care less and less about that number. Part of me wants to go out on real dates, have witty conversation, flirt and then maybe at the end of the night kiss. Have a few more of those dates. Let the attraction build, so much that when that moment for sex arrives, we can hardly wait. Is this realistic?

Here lies the ultimate questions..... where do we meet these witty, intelligent, charming, caring and funny men? I certainly don't see them at the bars or rather the good ones seem to be taken. I don't do church. Speed dating seems well a little to desperate. Online dating, works, but how about meeting a real live person not just a profile. Friends? Social activities? Parties? I'm certainly not spending $4K for events and adventures. Everyone always says get yourself out there... ok, I joined Seattle Works, no options on my team. Join a sport- kickball and bowling- neither have good options, although the other teams might provide some potential candidates. I'm thinking of trying singles shopping night at whole foods. In 52 minutes, I'll be 26, I was supposed to be married at this point according to my life plan. 26 seems much older than 25. I live alone with my two cats, yes, there's something missing here. Changes needs to happen this year or else.........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the part of you that wants to go out on a date end it with a kiss and look forward to going again and again untill the time booth of your clothes fly off, is the part that may just find the person your seeking, :) 26 is not that old, you still have several years just don't get to jadded by the ass holes your going to have to deal with to full-fill your "needs" inbetween finding your mister right, weather he be republican or democrat, have fun and enjoy anyone who turns your fancy, be a man