Sunday, April 6, 2008

i think i fell in love with a burger

My mom and grandmother came up to Seattle for lunch, so I wanted something relatively cheap, old person friendly but good. I've been wanting to try Lunchbox Laboratory since I first read about it then seeing such glowing reviews on Yelp, I knew it was time. Its relatively close to my house- dangerous especially in the summer. All I can say is wow!!! I am pretty sure I had the best burger of my life, perfectly cooked, flavorful (way better than Red Mill x10) and purely delicious. The lab is actually a bit overwhelming, more choices than a foodie could imagine, I kid you not about 10 or so cheese choices (I ended up with the NY White Cheddar), several meat choices and sauces galore. I seriously did not comprehend how to start and being as indecisive as I am, I knew I had to make a decision quick. I went with the classics, fresh homemade strawberry milkshake, cheese burger with caramelized onions and the basil aoli plus straight fries with the tea salt (yes, you can even chose the fry toppings- note to self try the bacon salt soon). Plus you can even get mac and cheese which looked delicious. I wanted to eat it all, I was the kid in the candy story in Willy Wonka, actually I was in the chocolate factory. I am most certainly going back, I want to try the sweet potato fries too and some of the other burger sauces. I wish I had an iphone because I would of taken a zillion pictures. Foodie fast food is just genius. I am sure we will start seeing this place written about in the glossy magazine for the city that doesn't exist and even some national ones, yes its that noteworthy. If you live in Seattle go (wait take me with you!). On that note I am going to heat up my oven and finish my left overs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, bacon salt... after reading bacon salt i could not keep my thoughts straight, i am totally fasinated,

scijess said...

that sounds like chedds here in denver. it is a gourmet grilled cheese place where you can pretty much add whatever you want and make the foodie version of classic grilled cheese. plus, they have tomato soup that reminds me of the stuff i used to buy all the time at queen anne market.

The Ubran Poetess said...

ooh, did you say mac 'n' cheese?

want to get some before trivia?