Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stream of Consciousness

I've been meaning to write several "posts" for the past few days, so here is a mix of them all together...

Things I'm Grateful for.....

good friends who, write witty posts or have interesting things to share, friends who check in or call even briefly to say they care or that their t-shirt smells like the beach, friends who are supportive, who say lets remind each other that we are beautiful, confident, sexy women, friends who even after having surgery call to say hi and ask how my day was, friends who don't judge people based upon how they look, people who are genuine.

Seattle. I take you for granted. It snows, it rains and it gets cold, I complain about you. I threaten to leave you. I do love you. I love that you are liberal like me, you want to take care of the homeless, you have interesting independent movies, international film festivals, cheese festivals featuring local dairies, quirky areas with people who strive to be different, parks tucked away in the middle of the city, outdoor movies in the summer, the SLUT, buses covered with bumper stickers and so much more. Even on a rainy day, I am reminded that I heart you. Oh and that there's a small independent bookstore close to my house that I can get my book club book used for $7.99. Go Earth day!!!

No comments: