Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesdays

My Tuesdays have changed. I have new ritual. At 11:30am on the dot I quickly leave my desk to escape to another world. My co-workers tease me, its trailer day. I eat from a trailer. But this trailer is different than the taco buses around the city. It's a community of food lovers. Each week I wait in anticipation for my e-mailed menu for the upcoming week. I know Tuesday will bring respite from the fast food entrenched area that I work. Skillet reminds me what food is all about. It isn't always the fancy white linens, the sleek interior and the avant garde menu. Rather the hand written menu on the side of the Airstream trailer is how I want to eat. Many of us are regulars as we wait for our culinary delight, some each week still to the tried and true burger, but many of us go out on a limb try the special of the week. This week it was tomato basil soup with fresh mozarella and a side salad. The soup rocked my world. Perfectly creamy, crispy fresh strips of basil and crunchy olive oil entrenched croutons. The salad (part of the combo) featured goat cheese and fresh greens with a few pieces of fresh asparagus. I treated myself to the rich and moist carrot carrot cake with a dollop of fresh cream cheese frosting. Cream cheese frosting at most places is characterized as overly sweet and super rich, but this had the density but a bit of the sour flavor of cream cheese. Today as I savoured my meal, I remembered I have a food blog to start. There are many signs right now pointing in this direction. Something greater out there is telling me to start something, change is coming, I can feel it. Dinner club. Food blogging. A possible career is looming over me. My passions are going to turn in to the career. My love of the written word through my simplest pleasure, good food.

2 comments:

GroundedGirl said...

This is the first post of your new blog, my friend. Your writing, always eloquent, floats to a new level. You practically shimmer, you're so centered and connected.

Inspiration: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

I can't wait to link to your new blog. And I can't wait to witness your new life.

scijess said...

You made me hungry again, and I just ate lunch.

I can see the food writing. It suits you :)