Sunday, May 18, 2008

Perfect 10

This was a mastercard moment weekend, priceless. I'm satiated. So many incredible things happened that all in all made this one of those weekends. Friday I have to admit was the catalyst, the hope of warm weather, I woke up happy ready for my day, I put on my khaki skirt and a tank top that according to my co-workers would of gotten me kicked out of school, regardless of my goose bumps and bare skin, I was ready for the glimpse of summer. The peak of the day was actually at 5ish, when I headed to Belltown to meet Susanna for happy hour at Cascadia for the infamous mini burgers and alpine martinini. The sun was shinning and I didn't so much mind waiting an hour out in the sun, it was exactly what i've been craving the past few weeks, the Vitaman D soaking into my skin, instant ani depressant. Later on that evening brought Molly Moon's balsamic strawberry, the quinessential summer treat.

Saturday marked the arrival of summer officially in Seattle. I put on my white short skirt, tank top, which smelled like beach from Florida in March, grabbed my sunglasses and was ready for my favorite annual cheese festival. My day started with a trip to Fiore for a latte, I was surprised to see my old barista from the QA Fiore. I put down my window (still gotta get that fixed!) turned up the radio and drove into my all too familiar QA. The trees had a greeness to them that illuminated summer, the over priced strollers were out, part of me missed my old hood for a moment. Met the girls for a fabulous morning/afternoon of cheese tasting. Drank some lovely white wines, got a bit buzzed, shopped, reminded myself why I hate my boobs sometimes and then headed back to Noelle's to meet up with others for beer brewing. Beer brewing was fantastic, I even tasted hops which kinda looked like rabbit food! I may have been a bit buzzed to completely understand the whole process, however knowing the hard work that goes into my favorite refreshment makes it that much better. Plus we were able to escape a bit of the afternoon heat. Then drank some sangria at Madame K's out on the deck with more drink afterwards at Kings. One of those nights that we lost track of time, all of the sudden the evening came to an end. A secret was officially let out of the bag, that provided a bit of solace in my world. Sunday I put my feet in the warm sand at Alki, took in the fresh air and the final moments of sun. Ending the weekend with a supurb dinner at Crush as a part of Urban Eats with truly delightful company. Drank more wine, talked a bit about food, took fantastic pictures with Susanna's amazing camera and most of all remembered what life was all about. An individual recently asked me to rate somethingon a scale of 1-10, this weekend, I give it a 10.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

okkkk now you know i have to ask, cause if i didn't you would probally not believe that i read "perfect ten" why do you hate your boobs sometimes ???