Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Blogger

I know many of you who read this blog are bloggers. I consider myself an amateur blogger- no pictures, special links to websites in my entries, rather simple entries sometimes stream of consciousness. I love blogging, I find it relaxing but I find excuses for not expanding my blog capabilities. I'd like to start a food blog- oh wait I already did, scrumptiousseattle, yet it remains untouched. I eat something and think, god I wish I had an iphone (on a side note I saw a Starbuckian waiting in line at Skillet with a 3G, seriously wanted to go ask if I could see it/touch it) or a better camera. Today I ate my Skillet lunch- israeli couscous with mint, feta, raisins, pistachios, lemons and squash with the tarragon chicken salad... would of been perfect to post, but alas no camera. I want a fantastic header- need to use photo-shop to make it. Excuses.

Why didn't I go for a run yesterday- no good reason, just an excuse. My car isn't clean- why? I am lazy and hate doing it, its the honest answer. In preparation for my out of town guests I have been cleaning like crazy, each time I get out of the car I bring something in or throw it away. Last night when I got undressed instead of draping my dress over the hamper, I hung it up in the closet. I am trying to build little habits that will prevent the clutter that seems to dominate my life.

I find myself constantly checking blogs, I am almost infatuated with the various blogs out there. My friends write intelligent witty and of course poignant essays on various life events with sometimes a bit of honesty that isn't in every day conversation. I keep up on my google reader checking MyBallard, Seattlest and other various local blogs for news and events. I am saddened to report my lack of interacting with a real news paper in my life. Last weekend while volunteering at Beacon Hill Elementary we were lining some areas with wet newspaper, as we were plunging the newspaper in the water, I found myself enthralled with reading the articles, so many interesting articles, things I wanted to read. Yet, like so many things in my life, if I actually took the time to subscribe, the papers would pile up in my apartment with articles I intended to read. How do we find the balance between our technologically enriched world and a bit of reality- the tangible things in life. How do we find that balance? Instead of wasting over an hour on facebook when I "have no time" why didn't I call my dad back, go for a run or clean the bathroom. I posed the question last night to N & K about spending time alone and how we have several friends who seem to balance home time, internet time and social activities much better- they do domestic things (cook, craft projects etc) as well as read, write real letters to friends and still keep a very technologically savy lifestyle. I find as I explore what makes me tick, I am missing balance in my life. When I told M about my day alone, he replied good, I want to hear more things like that. Those of you who make goals happen, you inspire me- Noelle for your carfree month, Jess for your dedication to working out/eating healthy, Karianne- finding the new career headfirst, Michael-completing your first year of Western with almost a perfect gpa and Susanna- doing all that you do- dating, traveling- being happy with you.

No comments: