Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Encouter With Nature

My second weekend in a row of camping. July has been full of outdoor experiences. This one was unplanned, spur of the moment and certainly raw. Jamie decided to plan a camping trip out by Mt. Rainier, I had to re-arrange my schedule, cancel a few things to make it happen. Saturday was hot yet we were in the car on our way to unknown, not book camped site. My "type A" part of me was going nuts, M said relax and go with the flow. Post McDonalds was not agreeing with me. As we approached Mt. Rainier, my cell phone service faded, back to this again, however my stomach was a bit uneasy. However the unknown was ok. We found a fantastic free campsite that I would of not found online, note there are two Buck Creeks in Washington! I'm finding peace again with nature. Hot dog on a stick, a little dirt won't hurt us and sleeping on the ground again, not so bad. I had help again, slept a bit in a daze (apparently I was sawing logs!). Highlights include lying under the stars on the airplane hanger strip listening to Neko/talking with M, playing in the river- breaking more fears/boundaries by climbing over the logs and putting my feet totally submergered in the cold river and of course seeing the MT wedding pics :) Finished my weekend at Casa de Sherita. I seriously miss that girl and she even convinced me to stay for dinner. Really was exactly what I needed. This is what summer is all about- outdoor movies, spending time with friends, enjoying the outdoors, impromptu bbqs and most of all having fun. I am living life to the fullest and loving it. I was able to spend the weekend with three of my favorite people who I don't see enough. Oh and finally saw Heathers Friday with some lovely ladies. Can't complain one bit about a great weekend :)

No comments: