Monday, June 2, 2008

Things I've Learned

The past three days have woken me up a bit, well not really I've been half out of it really, but it's given me a bit of time to notice stuff I normally wouldn't have:

-My garbage day is Monday, normally I leave before they are here so I don't know, this morning I woke up to the sound of the truck, nothing huge really, but kinda nice to now know this small detail.

-I will never take a long shower for granted again. After feeling dizzy from 15 minutes of standing, I realized I will cherish my normal shower again.

-Family and friends are really here for me, I'm not alone isolated on an island.

-Motel 6 is now home. When you leave the smell is still there, but after being here for almost 48 hours straight I didn't notice it.

-Our world can change in hours, the way our body functions is not permanent rather simple processes can become cumbersome.

-And yes getting sick can help you lose those extra 5lbs from not working out rather quickly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

motel 6 ??? your living in a motel ??? i am confused...

Lorraine G said...

my apartment was coined Motel 6 by Michael when I moved in because it is nondescript and has a bit of a smell. It's not quite as nice as our old apartment, hence Motel 6, plus just the foreign nature of the apartment.