Monday, June 16, 2008

It all started with a dress

I'm not supposed to start drinking again till Friday. Yet, I found myself ordering a vodka soda at the bar. Then it was a bottle of wine and another and lastly madeira with the final cheese course. I sent a text I probably shouldn't have, but I did telling S that I was tipsy, he knows I'm not supposed to drink. Is it weird I chose him to send the text to? I love dinner club. Tonight I spent about $75 too much on dinner, but the company was fabulous, 3 hours passed by easily without awkward silence. Different people, but they get food. We ordered several dishes, talked about the merits of each dish, what worked, what didn't. I've been wanting to try How To Cook A Wolf for awhile, I've done Union and Travatola, now I've done all three. I believe this so far is my favorite of his three restaurants. Last month, Crush was innovative, different, this was simple, but pleasing to the palate. Crispy moist polenta, seared scallops with a white bean puree and spaghetti with red pepper, parsley, anchovies and Parmesan. Several coures in between. I'm happy. Tomorrow is my trailer day, more good food, homemade smores and sturgeon. I'm ready! I have to start the food blog. I would right now, but I have to read for book club and I'm too tipsy. I want quality. I love my Seattle friends. I really do. You rock my world. Thank you, for being here for coffee dates, dinner club, gchat and late night conversations. You inspire me. You remind me what life is about, happiness. You have faith, inspiration, you care and you listen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh.............. sweety have another drink before you write next time, i pretty sure everyone wants to know how much you "love" them... :)