Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Goals

Reading Jessica's blog about working out and cooking inspired me again. When I kick mono's ass it is time for a new set of goals, a revised set of goals. I am not going to focus so much on that number anymore rather shifting my focus again on a healthier way of living. I am going to start working out again, I got bored, I needed something to start me up, I think I am *gasp* going to start running and eventually I want to try spinning and other various sorts of activities. I miss feeling strong and healthy, I feel weak and lethargic (especially now), I hate that feeling. Tuesday class will not be optional anymore. Thus the following need to happen:

1) I am going to purchase new workout clothes- ones that fit and are comfortable. I'm tired of the one pair of yoga pants that fall down.
2) A "healthy" water bottle, not my token smart water nor the nalgene full of the cancer causing chemicals. Sorry Naglene, your time has come to rest.
3) New gym mix for my ipod, some current songs that make me feel good, not thinking oh god not that song again.
4) A gym partner, I need one. Let's make it a priority together. Noelle? Our lives got busy, but really we did it before, just schedule the time and make it happen.
5) Pick out some recipes and make them, keep the healthy eating going, no more fast food or getting lazy when I go out.

Last summer I lost the weight, this summer I am going to strengthen, tone and find the inner strength I deserve. Oh and one more thing, Seattle, co-operate here with me, I need some sun. I want to go out for walks or jogs around Greenlake or go for some hikes. Please it is June 3, no more rain, cloudy weather, just a bit of sun please.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i personaly think you should re-consider the yoga paints that fall off, ummmmmmm ya nothing like a girl who's paints fall off easily.. :)

The Ubran Poetess said...

It's on! I know that with book club and chamber I can only make it to the occasional Tuesday class - so let's look for classes on other nights too! Pilates or kickboxing! And then we can also maybe do some AM workouts every once in awhile. I know neither of us are morning people - but they have a 6:30 am class on Mondays and Wednesdays called "spring training." We should look into it! Get betters soon... we have some asskicking to do!

Also... I recently got new gym clothes and it totally does make a difference. Even Target has good stuff for not too expensive. It makes me less self-conscious about my pants falling off too!

Unknown said...

you missed a great sale at macy's a week and a half ago, the womens outfits were on a crazy sale, you could of found the perfect gym clothes, even if they dont fall easily... :-) comfort is always a blessing.

scijess said...

Yay for spinning!. It totally kicks my ass in the morning, but it feels great afterward. I do recommend the padded shorts though. Those seats are so not made for comfort.

Unknown said...

spinning ? is hta like needle point ?