Saturday, August 9, 2008

Working in Strides

This week was focused on bringing the gym back, it's not quite as much about bringing sexy back, although I do still check the calories burned and for sure want those 10lbs gone. It's about bringing me back. I want to run, feel healthy again and have that time to just be. I made it to the gym 4x this week, I bonded with the treadmill. I took Friday off for block party, today I need to head there in a bit since our hike was canceled and I'm bringing my work out stuff to Bellingham so I can go for a jog with M. I feel more focused, centered and in balance. I'm paying more attention to what I eat, not just this looks good so I'll eat it rather watching my calorie intake and eating more fruits/veggies. I've talked to a couple of seasoned runners about doing some runs, T gave me some good advice about the treadmill. Running is going to be MY thing. I'm at a different place than I was a year ago, my body is healthier, fit, I have to re-align my goals. My attitude needs adjusting too, N sent a great article about keeping it positive, its just as important as the actual work out. So true. I'm on the cusp of change and I like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running is a good thing. Once you get the groove, there is nothing like it :)

Unknown said...

bring the sexy back !!!! and SCREW justin timberlake............. gym loves a sweaty woman, thats one thing Gym and i have in common.....