Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Bit of Peace

This past week was not good. I don't really want to blog about the events leading to the lovely lillies on my desk at work, however the re-set button was pushed big time. I've been writing quite a bit about the balance between me time and my "busy" life. Monday I was in no mood to do anything, I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, my favorite comfort movie. I on purpose didn't schedule anything. I started to run at the gym but didn't feel good so I called K asked if she wanted to make dinner together, we did, it was nice- watched some family guy and relaxed. Wednesday I found myself having another night alone, not quite ready for the gym, I played some Wow, more me time. Thursday the sun came out, I was feeling good so S joined me for a fantastic walk to Golden Gardens, we had a great talk and I got some exercise in with a nightcap at Carla's. Then I found out the Sam was coming for a spur of the moment visit plus so was J, I was excited to see both of them. I knew I had some major cleaning to do but had volunteered to walk Fifa which was really lovely and then had some sushi with K who also helped me with cleaning.

This weekend even having my out of town guests has been relaxing. We've walked a TON, including a long walk at Alki in the lovely summer heat and to Ballard and back several times. Today was really the perfect day. I slept in, much needed! Then walked to the farmers market, had some coffee from Verite, bought produce then did some errands together, picked blackberries for crisp and made dinner. I really enjoyed making dinner tonight with Sam, I've missed cooking, sharing making food together, talking while preparing food etc. It was super easy and healthy. I'm beginning to wonder if I really do like living alone? Do I need to bring more people into my home more often? I cherish my alone time, my secret single behaviors and having my own space. However, I miss sharing certain things with other people in my home. Home feels like home with them here, having dinner, now relaxing, doing our own things- reading, playing computer games etc. I know my own internal issues are mine to process myself however I need to bring people in more into my world rather than keep my home and social life separate. Finding balance is key. Working out (I also do miss my walks!), being social, my own personal activities (wow, reading, cooking/baking) all are crucial to keeping myself in check, neither extreme is all that good. Right now I feel peaceful, for once it feels good and right having some solace.

2 comments:

The Ubran Poetess said...

This is great L-train! Glad you're in a peaceful place. :-)

Unknown said...

ok there are few things this blog left me wondering... what the fuck is "wow" and exactly how do you "relax" is that a smoking event ? and what are your "secret single behaviors" ????