Wednesday, March 26, 2008

sleep

I can't sleep. I don't know what it is, however basically almost every night I have been here, sleeping has been a challenge. My first night after a long day of traveling, I slept a solid 10 hours, but even since it has been rocky. One night was a grand total of 3 hours after falling asleep at 6:30am, then waking up at 9:30am. The last two nights I took a melatonin so I could sleep, but alas I didn't take one tonight and here I am wide awake. Yes, the bed is hard as a rock as Bunny on SATC would say, I believe Firmly In a Firm mattress, and I miss my oh so soft one at home. But I've been out and about doing things, so really I SHOULD be tired, but not so much. I even have skipped the DD coffee (Michael is obsessed with the Dunkin Donuts iced coffee). Had an iced latte this am at the new better Starbucks (note to Corp, one should not have a Starbucks with bright pink computer printed signs saying now open 24 hours and please be patient for your coffee, seriously folks, I think Charles Schultz would not be happy if he knew....), but that was it for my caffeine consumption.

I should put the computer away, turn off the light and try to sleep, but I'm not really tired. I keep hoping being on this thing since it is what I normally do to go to sleep and I'm generally asleep by 11ish.

This has been an amazing trip and exactly what I needed after the after-math of moving etc. Rest and Relaxation is really the solution sometimes. I haven't thought about work literally one bit except to call Sherrie to tell her about the crazy roller coaster, oh and when I saw the Landstar truck (yah, freight is oh so much fun!). I will write more later about all of the crazy things including riding the roller coasters at Busch Gardens, the beach (perfect white sand and so many hot men, it is even inspiring Michael to get up earlier so we can do the beach longer tomorrow!), fun family time (mmmm steak dinner!) and of course all the other moments. I've been good about taking lots of pictures to remember my "spring break." Hahaha! Ok, I think I am going to try to turn off the light to sleep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you should of smoked a little weed... :)

Unknown said...

ROLLER COASTER... AND YOU DID NOT CALL ME ?? I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO ASK SHERRIE