Monday, September 1, 2008

Framing My Life

I'm making Motel 6 home. Yesterday I decided to go through pics, pic out some special ones from trips, friends visiting from out of town and fun events. I found as I was going through my albums on iphoto how much my life has changed over the years. Random pics with the party friends from college who I don't talk to now, good memories, but not my life. Lots of pics of M and I, in our old QA place- when we got the cats, random moments, road trips etc and then my "new" life here in Seattle. I carefully picked ones that meant something, people who bring meaning to my life. The professional ones from J's wedding turned out beautiful, I had three black and whites printed, one of J & I, one of M, R, J and I and then one of M & I, I actually already had a black and white frame, so now they are hanging in my living room, looking stunning. I replaced the random shoe and starbucks girl that J gave M & I for xmas with one of N & I in her bathroom getting ready for K's B-day and one from the wine tasting at SLU Block party of Lisanna, Carla, Karianne and I. I have more I want to frame- ones from Walla Walla Wine Tasting, J's various visits, K's B-Day, the Butter House Girls, Florida, Sam's Wedding, and a few others. I'm excited to see them framed in my apartment. I may be single however I really have wonderful people who fill my life with love, support and happiness. I can't to see the pics from when Jess was here, I want some ones of the "new and improved" us. The people that make my life here in Seattle home are finally coming home in my life. It feels good.

This weekend has been full, but not "busy," in a bad way. Slowly the weekend has evolved, various events filling the days some by me, some by others. But it doesn't feel draining. I have good people in my life that don't exhaust me, bring me down or accept status quo; rather they challenge me, when they ask how are you doing they really mean it. I've been debating beach camping, finding excuses not to go, when I relayed them yesterday, others found solutions- oh you can sleep in our tent, we are leaving later too etc; showing they wanted me to go- now the ball is in my court, it's really my decision. Adding just enough me time has helped, but I still thrive very much so on interactions with others- make that positive interactions. I'm going to get started on my "famous" blueberry muffins, crank up some music- enjoy my leisurely morning before I head to S's for brunch.

No comments: