Sunday, July 5, 2009

staycation

I just realized I had a green staycation, I barely drove at all, instead utilized my feet, ferry, bus and a few car rides with others. Walked on the ferry to bainbridge, then mostly walked around the island, and finally for my journey back, taking the bus home. Most of all, it was extremely affordable after a week of splurging eating out.

My hosts Devon & Chaz, completely and totally fabulous. It was honestly one of my real 4th of july's in a long time, complete with an old fashion parade, BBQ & fireworks! Today we went to the Bloedel reserve, which was spectacular. We saw two bald eagles, impressive gardens, magnificant views and the weather was beautiful, moments like this remind me of my faith and how thankful I am of our world. I'm looking forward to my next visit to the island, which must include mora's and blackbird.

I have a hard time coming back to reality, rather I wish my summer vacation would continue. Luckily the 18 is slowly making it's way back to Ballard.

No comments: