Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update

I realize its been awhile I often think I should write but then don't rather process in my own head. However, I do owe an update so alas here I am.

The winter slump hit big time, between snowpocalypse 2008, Christmas/holidays and other factors my depression/season affective has for sure been present. Of course good times happened including a great night of "pet sitting" with Roosia, various holiday gatherings and a new start to 2009. Lots of new.

2009 is all about new habits and focusing on self improvement. Each week, Denae and I meet, assess our goals- what we've accomplished and how we can build upon the past week. I had thought about posting my list of goals for the year but decided I didn't want to publically proclaim them. My focus is financial stability- controlling my budget and spending utlizing mint.com which actually has been great, getting back in shape- I've slacked the past few months and other various "action" items related to overall health. I have to say I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far- last week I went to the gym 6x! My eating is also healthier- eating more fruits and veggies, less processed food, as always working out and eating go hand in hand. I still have some health issues I need to deal with, but baby steps. I am getting better about taking my daily vitamins and drinking more water. I'm also starting to think about long term goals- the steps I need to take to make them a reality.

I just realized none of my goals relate to my food blog, which has also been abandoned. I miss writing. I have to remember what the palm reader told me- big things- keep writing. Writing is cathartic.

I have a cold right now that I am trying to get rid of so I am uber healthy for my Austin trip. I can't wait to get there- soak up the sun- go hiking, spend time with Urs and the girls, eat great food and relax. We are even going out on 6th street and I have a HOT date for Vday! I have so much I am looking forward to in the next few months- my annual spring break trip with a mini stop to Maxi land, staying in shape, finally hopefully getting an iphone, continuing to establish my life here in Seattle, growing professionally as a manager and most of all keeping a positive attitude.

1 comment:

Nora said...

I'm totally checking out mint.com!
What a great resource.